Know how to evacuate your floor in the event of an emergency.
Procedures for a full building evacuation:
- Proceed to the nearest exit stairwell. There are two stairwells in the building, one on the east side and one on the west side of the elevator lobby. Take only necessary personal belongings (coat and purse).
- Do not use elevators unless instructed to do so.
- Keep to the right when moving down hallways and stairwells.
- Listen for announcements over the P.A. system.
- Exit the building and wait in your designated company meeting location for further instructions.
Procedures for a partial building evacuation:
Most evacuations happen after activation of the fire alarm system. If you hear the fire alarm on your floor and you have not been advised that it is a test, follow these steps:
- Close your office door behind you, but do not lock it.
- Proceed to the nearest exit stairwell. There are two stairwells in the building, one on the east side and one on the west side of the elevator lobby.
- Walk down four (4) floors and enter that floor. During a partial building evacuation, the “Safe Refuge Area” is in the building elevator lobby on the receiving floor, located four (4) floors down from the fire floor.
- Wait in the elevator lobby on the receiving floor until an announcement is made that it is safe to return to your floor. Be respectful of the Tenants residing on the receiving floor.
- Follow your company’s protocol for roll call, etc., before returning to your floor.